My client are recruiting an engineering graduate, or someone with relevant experience, to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will work Monday to Friday between 8:15am-5:15pm and receive training in the role to allow you to progress with the company as a full engineer.
They offer a competitive trainee salary and on the job training to develop your skills in a professional environment.
Please apply if you feel you are suited to the position.
Below is a brief description of what will be expected of you in the role.
Contribute to the implementation of systems and measures for continuous improvement throughout the company within the scope of the Production Team
Ability to assist and support Head of Production/Production Manager with the Product Development Lifecycle.
On occasion there may be secondment into other departments to enhance understanding and training in our operations
• Act as technical assistant for Spares, processing any requests which require simple drawing changes in the order to process.
• Assist with the processing of C1/C2 type orders which will include some detail drawing work in both 2d and 3d
• Assist with the processing of Palfab requests for spares orders.
Works Orders/Palfab Requests
• Assist with the process and management of requests for work including updating work order systems and spreadsheets within the Production department
• Assistance with the quoting and procurement of parts and raw materials for the fabrication team
• Assistance with the management of parts that are send for secondary processing e.g. BZP/plating
• Processing of delivery notes/paperwork for the above
• Assistance with the management of Stores and Palfab stock including creating / updating stock parts and Bill Of Materials in our SAGE system
• Monitoring stock levels including the assistance and support with stock checks both quarterly and ad-hoc as required
• Assistance with the implementation and support of a Kanban System.
Palfab Raw Material
• Raise quotes/process orders for stainless steel and mild steel raw material as per the approvals process
• Review and update stock levels as required.
• Assistance with product checklists, build Instructions and quality standards for the team
Attributes to do the job
• Reasonable understanding of manufacturing processes/techniques
• Excellent communication skills
• Quality approach to the role at all times.
• Communicate with openness and honesty
• Willingness to learn.
• Attention to detail.
• Data collection and analysis.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Technical and analytical understanding.
• Highly motivated with an engineering interest.
• Produces work of the highest standard.
• Always represent the company in a professional manner.
• Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Professional in appearance and behaviour.
• Good record of timekeeping and attendance.
• At all times works in a way consistent with and supportive of the values and standards of the company