My client has a vacancy for a Technical Illustrator / Author to support the creation of technical documents for end users, installers and internal departments.
This person will be part of the technical team, tasked with defining the appropriate document for each type of solution or adaptation.
The successful candidate will display professionalism in every aspect of the role, including the production of documents to a very high standard.
The main requirement for this position is the creation and maintenance of technical documents these being fitting instructions and manuals, although the ideal candidate will have some experience of SolidWorks to cover the draftsman role during holidays and peak workloads.
Excellent prospects for a high calibre individual seeking an opportunity to join an expanding and ambitious company who has the ability to develop the role in line with business growth through my clients expanding Product portfolio.
The Role - Technical Illustrator / Author:
• Production of professional Fitting Instructions for various product lines.
• Maintain the company portal for both new products and modifications to existing.
• Adept at using drawings, illustrations and media to create professional documents
• Write and edit processes to document technical manuals processes and procedures
• Produce and update Instruction Manuals for Installers (Direct and Agents) and End Users
• Produce and update appropriate professional Catalogues for Products, spares and accessories
• There is a future requirement for this role to transferring of parts into BOM structures and setting up into SAP ERP system. (Training will be provided) Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Proficient in modern Graphic Illustration and Document Creation programmes including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and knowledge of Solidworks CAD systems, Ideally SAP ERP system.
• Able to read and interpret detailed Engineering drawings
• HNC/HND or equivalent in related discipline Our ideal candidate will:
• Be hardworking, flexible, adaptable and a team player
• Have a meticulous eye for detail
• Be flexible with the ability to easily adapt to changes
• Be willing to learn and also share knowledge. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, Apply Now!