My client is recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based at their factory and head office in Newark, but the successful candidate will need to visit site as and when required.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be reporting to the Commercial Manager
- The candidate will be qualified to Degree/HND or HNC in Quantity Surveying or a similar commercial degree in construction. RICS membership preferred but not mandatory.
- A full valid driving licence.
- Will need to be CSCS qualified.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience in the construction industry as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, or in a similar Senior Quantity Surveyor / Managing / Commercial Manager role for a large main contractor
- The candidate should also have experience of managing pre-construction activity and working alongside the project operational lead and project Design Manager to ensure that a cost effective, robust, and compliant set of Contractors Proposals is put together. The candidate should also have the experience of being able to cost plan and offer cost advice as the design develops, and put together a well-structured, compliant and robust contract sum.
- The candidate should be process driven but flexible in their approach.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
The candidate will need to following attributes and qualifications as a minimum:
- Effectively communicate with the Commercial Manager on a daily basis advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or margin of the projects.
- Be able to communicate Contract/Sub-Contract advice to site based staff.
- Placement of subcontract orders to step down contractual terms and manage risk, including placement of ITT’s and ensuring notices and payment are made on time.
- Keeping accurate relevant records.
- Ensure subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts/final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Collate commercial information for drafting Cost Value Reconciliations on a monthly basis to deadlines.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- Timely and properly recorded Applications to Clients.
- Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document.
- Final Accounts –assessment of and timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Advise on and mitigate the effects of disputes - Recognise potential contractual issues on site and make good records including photographs and written statements to protect Caledonians interests.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Budget handling skills.
- Excellent IT and maths skills.
- A methodical approach to work.
- Good organisational skills.
- A good understanding of building contracts terms and conditions, and their legal and operational mechanisms.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent understanding a good experience of turnkey construction projects.
Please send your CV for consideration.