My client is the leading provider of co-located Urgent Treatment Centres caring for NHS patients across London and the Home Counties.
We are looking to appoint a Lead General Practitioner to our clinical leadership team, based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Urgent Treatment Service, Woolwich. The service provides a 24/7 UTC for walk in patients and the Greenwich out of hours GP service covering GP base appointments and a home visiting service.
Managing a team of salaried and bank GPs in this role you will work closely with the Service Manager and Lead Nurse with responsibility for managing, organising and promoting the needs of the services.
Supported by our Clinical Director for SE London, and working together with our Lead Nurse and Service Manager, your managerial duties will include:
- Meet the Clinical Governance needs of the UCC, investigating incidents and complaints and carrying out clinical audit, developing actions and learning from each.
- Provide professional leadership in the UCC, offering advice, direction, support and motivation
- Assist in recruitment of GPs, carry out inductions, supervise and appraise performance
- Act as safeguarding lead for the UCC, supported by the Company safeguarding Lead
- Develop strong working relationships with hospital clinicians and help to develop patient pathways within the UCC, community services and hospital specialties
- Participate in regular operational and governance meetings with the UCC leadership team and in review meetings with the CCG.
A full list of managerial duties and clinical responsibilities can be found in the Job Description.
This is an excellent opportunity for a General Practitioner with experience of Urgent Care/OOH to join a leading provider pioneering the future of Urgent Care. For those with limited previous management experience, we ensure regular structured support and mentorship throughout.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A General Practitioner with experience of Urgent Care/OOH
- MRCGP qualified (or GMC recognised equivalent) and registered with an English performers list
- Innovative and keen to explore new ways of delivering care
- Committed to maintaining the highest standards of care
- An experienced clinical lead, or highly enthusiastic about progression to clinical management
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the NHS Pension scheme
- Medical indemnity covered by CNSGP
- Regular structured support and mentorship
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
My client has a wider Clinical Leadership team and a clear career path and training and development opportunities for you should you be keen to progress from this position.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please send your CV to darren Curley.