The purpose of this role is to deliver phase I of a local authority housing plan
• Appraise development opportunities within the council ownership – both existing opportunities and future land.
• Develop procurement strategies for site acquisition, Professional services and Construction partners
• Consider long-term strategic partnerships with RSLs
• Procure long-term strategic partnerships with RSLs as appropriate
• Assist with the recruitment of a permanent HDM
• Mentor the permanent HDM as appropriate
• Fine-tune the high-level phase II & III roll out programme based on phase I outcomes
• Liaise with the Councils Housing manager to identify areas of need.
• Develop standard design templates, specifications and cost models for different types of housing units
• Establish and build a database of cost & value data for land, fees and building/infrastructure works
• Establish contractual arrangements reflecting best practice and value • Advise and inform policy
• Prepare and present regular reports to Housing and other relevant Council Committees
• Develop effective working relationships with internal and external contacts as set out below
• Assist with promoting the Local Authority as an active & credible developer of affordable & social housing in the Borough,
• In conjunction with the planning team, actively seek opportunities to maximise land and or finance for affordable & social housing for sale and for rent through the S.106 & CIL processes.
• In conjunction with economic development and finance colleagues, actively seek opportunities to maximise grant income from such has the HCA & other relevant agencies
Please enquire to Darren Curley or send your CV for consideration.