Inplace Personnel are currently recruiting for a Field Engineer on a permanent basis for a successful IT company.
You will be working as part of the technical team and will be providing support to a broad range of businesses throughout the region. Your time will be split between onsite work at customer premises and office based remote work. You will be responsible for the planning and deployment of customer server upgrades, migrations, workstation replacements, workstation upgrades as well as day to day maintenance and support of customer networks. This will require a good understanding of TCP/IP routing concepts, Windows Server Operating Systems (including Small Business Server), server hardware platforms, Microsoft exchange and knowledge of backup and disaster recovery models.
You will need to be well presented, articulate, personable, confident, professional and well organised. It is essential that you are able to prioritise effectively and integrate into an existing team, working to ensure that new projects are delivered on time and that customer service level agreements are maintained. You will be required to take ownership of projects and tasks to ensure that the desired end result is achieved.
Key skills and requirements:
- Microsoft Certified Professional or above
- Apple Certified or Apple & MAC familiarity (Desirable )
- All Versions of Windows Server (2003 to 2012) including Small Business Server
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2010/2007/2003 and Office 365
- Vmware ESXi & Veeam
- ADSL / Print Server / Router & Firewall configuration
- VPN principles & setup
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
- Backup software & disaster recovery
- Hardware diagnosis & problem solving
- Sound understanding of server hardware and RAID
- Any software / programming experience (useful not essential)
- Any exposure to telecoms, specifically Mitel (Useful , not essential)
- UK driving license and own car
Working Hours: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
If you have the relevant qualifications and feel this is a job you would be interested in, please apply and send your CV for our perusal.