My client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Estimator / Manager based from their office in Nottingham. This role would suit an Estimator looking for a long-term permanent role within a growing company where you can progress your career.
The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and hold building services qualifications. They should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of mechanical estimating within the range of £300,000 to £3 million (Mechanical value)
The candidate will also provide office-based support to the onsite Project Manager for the duration of all projects, so good technical knowledge is essential. The candidate will be required to price variations and assist the Purchasing/Procurement Manager with these.
Must be able to carry out the following tasks:
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Liaison with clients, design consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Measuring and take offs for materials and labour
- Complete tenders within short timescales, usually 1-3 weeks
- Produce a detailed bill of quantities
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Produce Value Engineering solutions
- Understand and scrutinise M&E Sub-Contractor quotations
Rate / salary package negotiable on experience
please send your CV to Darren Curley.